[Jython] current directory function and importing PY files?

Robert Oschler Oschler at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 7 14:47:05 EST 2002

I have a JavaBean that is run by a foreign app, that loads and executes my
bean through a copy of the JVM the foreign app starts up.  I want to be able
to import a Python module, residing in a *.py file, from an instance of
PythonInterpreter (and later from compiled Jython classes).  How can I:

- get a listing of the current directory
- import the py file from the desired directory

Is this functionality is not allowed by the JVM's security policy (can I
change that?).  If not, can I instead import a py file embedded in the JAR
that contains my JavaBean?  If so, what Jython command do I use to do that?
If it's through a URL where can I find the correct syntax?

Or other options? I'm guessing there must be a solution here or the "import"
command would be useless for anything but importing java classes and
precompiled Jython classes.  What's strange is, when I try exec'ing "import
os", it works without complaint.  But when I try a common function, for
example "print(os.curdir), I get an error saying "org.python.modules.os" has
no attribute "curdir".

thx