Bug in Win32file WaitCommEvent ???

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sun Nov 24 18:13:12 EST 2002

Bengt Richter wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 05:51:47 GMT, Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:
>
>>Also much easier for me to code ;)  Would only work for overlapped
>>objects created via Python, but I think that is reasonable.  If a non
>>Python overlapped structure is used, we pass the address of a static
>>variable to ensure no one ever crashes.
>>
>>Sound reasonable?
>>

> Under what conditions would a non-Python overlapped structure be used?
> Would a static restrict some kind of thread usage unacceptably?

I can't think of any case when a non-Python allocated overlapped
structure would be used.  In fact I am not even sure it would be
possible today even if you wanted to.  Using the static is just a safety
net - it is unlikely to be what is desired, as the static is unavailable
to Python code anyway.

Mark.