memory leaks in Tkinter

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Tue Nov 26 17:45:44 EST 2002

Edward;

This wasn't intended as a jibe at Leo. The memory leakage really does bug
me, and I think it's a programming error, not an underlying attribute or
flaw.

As we've discussed before, Leo chews up large chunks of memory when outlines
are expanded/collapsed, and even when the same sections of the outline are
expanded/collapsed, the memory usage grows by significant amounts. I don't
see how this relates to undo since there's no change in the text.

BTW, I think that the text widget in Tk 8.4 does support undo, but I'm not
sure since I'm not active in the Tcl area much anymore.

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA