A really bad idea.

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Nov 15 17:10:09 EST 2002

Dave Brueck wrote:

> It's funny what people do and don't find readable, huh? I use list
> comps
> all the time because to me they are almost always more readable than
> the
> equivalent code and more vertically compact as well. I wouldn't mind
> having a dictionary comp but don't need it nearly as much, even less
> so a
> generator comp.

Indeed.  Certainly list comprehensions take a little getting used to if
you've never seen one before, and they can be abused just like any
language feature can be abused, but I find the liberal use of list
comprehensions very readable and very compact.

/  \ You are in the music / In the man's car next to me
\__/ Sade
    Rules for Buh / http://www.alcyone.com/max/projects/cards/buh.html
 The official rules to the betting card game, Buh.