My Python Editor "ActiveState Python 2.2 - Python Win IDE" does not refesh

Henrik Weber Henrik.Weber at sys.aok.de
Thu Nov 21 05:21:54 EST 2002

Tony Cappellini <tony at tcapp.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.1037497284.10353.python-list at python.org>...
> Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 19:06:41 GMT
>
>  >I am having the trouble of having to exit the editor every time I make
>  >some changes to my code in order to execute the code using the
>  >"ActiveState Python 2.2 - Python Win IDE" editor.
>
> I'm having this same problem with PythonWin.  I've even posted a message on
> the PythonWin mailing list, but without any resolve.
> http://www.python.org/windows/pythonwin/
>
> I usually have to close down the IDE and re-open it, because PythonWin just
> won't reload the module, even though I've clicked on the reload button.

Sometimes the reloads a module and sometimes it doesn't. I believe
that might have to do with instances of classes defined in the module
still hanging around somewhere, but I'm not sure about that.

I stumbled upon another IDE a few weeks ago. It still has a long
todo-list, buy maybe it can help you out:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hapdebugger/

-- Henrik