Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Wed Nov 20 22:58:10 EST 2002

Courageous wrote:
>>But when I look at why Java and Perl and Python and Ruby are so
>>well-received, I get the feeling evolution is headed for where CL
>>already is. Time will tell.
>

> Even if Python and Ruby have or will have the _capabilities_ that
> Lisp has, (Python (will (never (be (lisp))))).

Hey, if some other language picks up everything I like about CL, who
cares if CL dies? Besides CL vendors, that is. This would be like DOS
defeating the GUI-based Mac. With a GUI.

mind you, at the big (!) Lisp conference in Frisco last month a talk was
given on something called LispInJ. These folks delivered Java consulting
work in Java (duh) having written Lisp which then thru the miracle of
macros could exhale Java. Nicely, formatted of course, because all the
client saw was the Java. (watch :out-for 'LispInPy)?

:)

--

  kenny tilton
  clinisys, inc