install on AIX

Richard Sharp rbsharp at gmx.de
Wed Nov 27 03:41:14 EST 2002

My experience on this one is that it could have something to do with
mixed compilers. I have to install Python on a number of machines that
I didn't configure, but seem to have both the native compiler (in this
case from AIX) and the gcc compiler. I have never got right to the
bottom of it. But saying:
"without-gcc=yes" and also "with-cxx=no" helped on an SCO-machine.

Regards,
Richard Sharp