wrapping all class methods

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Sat Nov 16 13:13:08 EST 2002

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 12:35:45 +0000, Robin Becker <robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <pan.2002.11.16.12.39.49.262808.1346 at club-internet.fr>, Pedro Rodriguez <pedro_rodriguez at club-internet.fr> writes
>
>This might be true for a proper program, but in this context
>I don't know which exceptions are being silently ignored further
>up the chain. So this was an attempt at a quick and dirty diagnostic
> to discover which exceptions were being raised in the backend and

Just wondering if you had used

   http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/debugger-hooks.html#debugger-hooks

It's relatively easy to set up quick-and-dirty stuff to log various events
using sys.settrace(yourfunc). I say that on the basis of having started a
tracewatch module that I haven't gotten back to polishing, but that does
a few useful things.

> where they were called from. Anygui has lots of exception handling
> trapping (especially attribute traps) so errors in the backend can
> often go unnoticed.

Regards,
Bengt Richter