Tkinter's button

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Wed Nov 6 09:47:03 EST 2002

black wrote:

>  thanx but why we could check items by format like this: myButton["state"]
> as I remembered that is with dictionary, while myButton is instance here
> how could we invoke a dictionary with an instance name ? thanx in advance~

Tkinter widgets are mappings (as well as being other things too).  Any
class can define its instances to be mappings if it wants to -- the class
just needs to implement special methods __getitem__ etc appropriately (or
their equivalents for C=coded extension types).

Not sure what you mean by "invoke a dictionary with an instance name".

Alex