Popular conceit about learning programming languages

Pascal Costanza costanza at web.de
Fri Nov 22 13:02:06 EST 2002

Michele Simionato wrote:
> Pascal Costanza <costanza at web.de> wrote in message news:<arj3lf$ar1$1 at newsreader2.netcologne.de>...
>

>>Could you try to describe what it means to you to think in Python? What
>>makes it different from thinking in other languages? (This is not a
>>rhetorical question!)
>

> Sorry for my late reply, but I see than others have addressed your question
> better than I could have done myself. In short, you see that you start
> *thinking* in a given language when:
[several factors]

This is all clear to me, but I didn't want to know about this general
level. I would like to know more specifically what features make Python
special to you. As Kenny put it, in what regards is Pythonthink
different from Otherlangthink?

Pascal

P.S.: And please take all the time you need for answering this question. ;-)

--
Pascal Costanza               University of Bonn
mailto:costanza at web.de        Institute of Computer Science III