Anders J. Munch andersjm at dancontrol.dk
Thu Nov 28 09:24:22 EST 2002

"Jacek Generowicz" <jacek.generowicz at cern.ch> wrote:

> I still fail to see why you think colour highlighting is necessary, or
> even useful for this. Emacs highlights matching parentheses, brackets
> and braces for me.

It should be noted that in a vanilla configuration Emacs only blinks
parens as they are typed.  But thanks for mentioning this, you
prompted me to go discover mic-paren, which is sweet.

>I would find it hard to believe that other editors
> do not have such capabilities. (If your editor cannot provide such a
> feature, well, it might be time to reconsider your choice of editor.)

Sometimes my editor of choice is a printout with handwritten annotations.

anyone-know-a-tool-for-matching-parens-on-a-piece-of-paper?-ly y'rs, Anders