python gui rant

dsavitsk dsavitsk at e-coli.net
Thu Nov 14 14:47:20 EST 2002

"Gumuz" <gumuz at looze.net> wrote in message
news:3dd3921c$0$223$4d4ebb8e at news.nl.uu.net...
> can you tell me more about this delphi(or vb)+pythonCOM  technique or
point
> me to some source?

***

> "dsavitsk" <dsavitsk at e-coli.net> wrote in message
> news:qjDA9.6146$mN6.2823494 at newssrv26.news.prodigy.com...
> > "Gumuz" <gumuz at looze.net> wrote in message
> > news:3dd217e2$0$231$4d4ebb8e at news.nl.uu.net...
> >
> > > i am using wxPython at the moment as my python gui. Coming from a nice
> IDE
> > > like Delphi it's really frustrating to get a nice layout together. I

***

> > unless you are needing cross-platform-ination from your gui, why not
just
> > use Delphi and either use PythonCOM for the code.

Look into the Python for Delphi stuff as I think it might be the best way to
go.  For an example, however, of writing COM objects look for my reply in
the this news group from 11/11/2002 (3 days ago) under the subject "Create
DLL in Python ?"  Also, look at Mark Hammond's book available from
http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=62-1565926218-0
it is essential reading.

-doug