p2exe and ZODB

Etienne Labuschagne ELabuschane at gmsonline.co.za
Mon Nov 11 09:04:11 EST 2002

Hi there,

I am using stand-alone ZODB (Zope Object Database) in a application written
in Python.  The platform I am targeting is Windows 2000 and Windows XP.  So
far I had no luck  py2exe'ing the product with ZODB included.  What I have
done is to exclude ZODB (-e flag for py2exe) and create an install without
the stand-alone ZODB.  I then manually copy the ZODB and all files needed by
it (eg. base64) into the dist created by py2exe.

This works, but I sometimes get (seemingly) random pickling errors when
calling get_transaction().commit() on the ZODB database.  This causes a lot
of havoc as the transaction then also seems to be lost, which is VERY bad!

Anyone had any luck with py2exe and apps using ZODB?

If I can't get this to work, are there any other "python not needed for
install" methods to package my product in?

Regards
Etienne Labuschagne