Python and gd library - Thank to all

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Mon Nov 25 00:05:23 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Antonio.P" <antonio.p at libero.it>

> Thank to all for the aswers.
> I looked "python and gl-lib" and not "python +gd" in google so I had not
> found so much :-P
>
> The old gd-lib 1.8 can create and manipolate low quality images jpg but
the
> new gd-lib 2.0 can create and manipulate high quality jpg.

I wasn't aware of any difference there... I am now using
GD 2.0.1 on my development system, and my gddemo.py still
produces fuzzy and color-incorrect JPEG's; the *same* image
object produces a crisp, clear PNG.

NOTE:  If anyone has any insight into the fuzzy JPEG output
from libgd, I'd be thrilled to read about it.

> Hi hope to find a python implementation of the new gd-lib... sooner or
later
> :-)

The gdmodule version currently available on my website
supports GD 1.8.3 up to GD 2.0.1, thanks to the kind
contributions of Mike Romberg.  Grab it here:

    http://newcenturycomputers.net/projects/gdmodule.html

Chris Gonnerman -- chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
http://newcenturycomputers.net