Boa Constructor and CVS question

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Fri Oct 4 20:22:35 EDT 2002

Conrad Schneiker:

> I've done some groups.google searching around and have seen
recommendations
> that the CVS version of Boa Constructor be used (since the .zip and
> win32.exe downloads are way out of date). After some further searching, I
> haven't found any concise documentation about how to go about doing this,
> although there is a considerable abundance of marginally related
information
> to sift through.

   Is your problem with downloading from CVS or with the code once
downloaded? CVS is something that you will just have to learn about as it is
part of the assumed background knowledge for many open source projects. It
is not sensible for every project to maintain their own CVS documentation.
SourceForge hosts some articles about setting up CVS on various platforms:
https://sourceforge.net/docman/?group_id=1 - section 6, CVS Instructions.

> PPS: I've also run across questions (but not much in the way of answers)
> how PythonCard and Boa Constructor compare to each other. Have I missed a
> thread somewhere?

   PythonCard is simple. It contains a simplified library for developing
wxPython applications. Boa Constructor is complex and ambitious but uses the
basic wxPython library. Neither is mature enough to have released a 1.0
version.

   Neil