Python-based browser plugins?

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Thu Oct 31 17:25:29 EST 2002

In article <Xns92B8E4A5A4BBCcliechtigmxnet at 62.2.16.82>,
Chris Liechti  <cliechti at gmx.net> wrote:
			.
			.
			.
>here they say that nS and mozilla are compatible. (opera can use NS plugins
>too):
>http://www.mozilla.org/docs/plugin.html
>
>and that could be a starting point:
>http://entropymine.com/jason/plugins/links.html
>
>for IE, it seems that you have to write an activex component. but as usual
>with that OS, it's hard to find documentation or an example that helps...
			.
			.
			.
I can hardly overemphasize how difficult it is
to write a plugin nowadays.  Compatibility be-
tween Microsoft and Mozilla ... well, I'll just
say that I'm almost certain you're better off
doing anything else, and certainly learning Java,
than trying this approach, however reasonable it
seems.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net