[Newbie] Need help with quick text proggy.

Corey Woodworth schitz0boy at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 9 22:55:00 EDT 2002

I havn't programmed in python in a while (not since 2.0) but I just
found myself in a predicament where I really need to write a program
and write it fast. Python still seems to be the best choice even
though I'm very rusty and wasn't to good to start with. Here is my
problem. I've got a text file that is a list of elements. a time
followed by a number on each line. Like this for example:

1:46p	65
5:45a	99
2:36p	88
10:53a	79
5:10a	86
2:43p	169
10:14a	55

I just found out that all my times are 6 hours off. (AARGH!) and I
need some help writing a program that will update all those timestamps
for me. Any help at all is appreciated, wheter it be links, some
source, or whatever. Thank a bunch.

Corey