PyGreSQL-3.2 -> setup -> _pg

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Thu Oct 10 04:22:42 EDT 2002

* tertius <tertiusc at netscape.net> [2002-10-09 22:42 +0200]:
> Platform : Windows 32bit
> Hi All,

> The PyGresSQL setup program builds the  _pg module from PostgreSQL + source
> + pgmodule.c  using "cl.exe" (I presume MS C compiler)

Yep. Use python setup.py --compiler=mingw32 to build with the free GNU
compilers.

> Does anyone know where can I download a binary of that module?
> (Without having to download PostgreSQL source and having to install a
> MS C compiler)

I used to provide them, but nowadays I recommend people to use pyPgSQL
instead, which incidentally does have win32 binaries
==> http://pypgsql.sf.net/

If you've used the proprietary non DB-API interface of PyGreSQL, you can
ask me to describe how to build the PostgreSQL client libraries and
PyGreSQL using the free mingw compiler or fix your app to use the DB-API
interface, in which case you can use pyPgSQL (or psycopg, if you're so
inclined).

> Documentation mentions http://highqualdev.com/ but the site does not seem to
> exits.

That was my domain once.