fork() and wait()

Дамјан Г. пенгуиниста at маил?=.=?iso-8859-5?Q?нет?=.=?iso-8859-5?Q?мк
Thu Oct 17 18:29:16 EDT 2002

> It appears that this code works, but I am concerned about the timing.
> In the main loop, I am concerned that a job would finish before the
> os.wait() call.

I didn't look to much at your code, but it doesn't matter if your child
exits before the os.wait() call is executed. In such a case the proccess
of the child will be put in "Zombie" state, until the wait() call is
executed. You can try this by deliberarely postponing the os.wait()
call, and using "ps xf" to see what happens with the child processes.

--
Дамјан

A: Because it reverses the logical flow of converstion.
Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?