[Q] Python + NCAR Graphics

Tom its1louder at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 14:03:40 EDT 2002

"sdhyok" <sdhyok at yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<0iro9.12890$525.886576 at twister.southeast.rr.com>...
> Is there any program linking NCAR Graphics with Python?
>
> Daehyok Shin

I've been interested in that too.  there are a some people working
together to get an NCL extension to python - pyncl I think.  I think
this would be a neat thing that I would use eventually but right now
I've got plenty of other
things to do and no pressing use for it.  Also, I have very little
experience with NCARG/NCL (i.e., I 've run some sample code).  A
python module that calls it would probably be the impetus that gets me
to dive into it more.

I have a version of NCARG that runs under cygwin on my Win2K machine.

look here:

http://webdoc.ucar.edu/fred/extending_with_ncl.html

and here

http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ncl/dev/archives/pyncl/2002/