Newbie: Where are SetCommMask, GetCommState, etc?

engsol at teleport.com engsol at teleport.com
Thu Oct 31 15:08:49 EST 2002

The crime scene:

Win NT, Python222, Mark Hammond's book on Win32, and win32comport_demo.py

The problem:

I connected my machine to another machine running Hyperterminal, using a null-modem cable,
then fired up the demo. Works just fine.

Now I want to learn in detail how it works. The demo script refers to SetCommMask,
SetupComm, GetCommState, etc., but I can't find an explanantion how they work.

I want to poke and prod my com ports, including the UART registers.

Any pointers? Thanks....
Norm