Function GetData() in wxImage

Anand anandpillai6 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 9 10:19:17 EDT 2002

Hi Mike

 How do I create a PIL Image instance from a wxImage instance.
In your code you have done the reverse, ie creating a wxImage instance
from a PIL image.

 img = Image.open(file,'r')
 self.wxImg.SetData( img.convert( "RGB").tostring() )

 How do I use the GetData() on wxImage() to create a PIL image.
 I tried,

  img = Image.open(str(self.wxImg.GetData()))
 But python runtime complains that the data is NULL padded which is correct.
 since the chunk is binary.

 Do I need to call 'encode()' on the chunk to use the above ?
 If so what encoding?

Thanks

Anand