mailbox module broken!

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at
Thu Oct 3 19:41:21 CEST 2002

On Thu, 03 Oct 2002 13:36:47 -0400, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

> The following trivial code to read through a unix mailbox skips a little
> over 100 messages in the mailbox at
> I have tested python-2.1.3 and python2-2.2.1

I have tested on both RedHat 7.2 and AIX 4.1.5.

The mailbox module *does* work *most* of the time.  That is why I need to
provide a specific mailbox that it fails on.  I have been unable to
manually create a small mailbox with the same problem.

BTW, the mailbox is normally managed with the UW IMAP daemon.

	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at>