GUI problem

Ian Bicking ianb at
Fri Oct 11 09:23:36 CEST 2002

On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 02:10, Alex Martelli wrote:
> I think your best bet might be PyUi, -- I
> have not used it "in production", but it seems clean and powerful,
> with a simple core.

I think it would be a bit odd to start out with PyUI.  It's a little
odd, in that you get a desktop in a desktop -- the windows you create
with PyUI are all contained inside a larger window, and you can only
have one of those larger windows.  I think it's really meant for adding
widgets to SDL -- if you aren't using SDL, you wouldn't want to start
with PyUI.  Maybe something like PythonCard
( would be more appropriate.