Linux install question

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Oct 16 07:44:02 EDT 2002

"Robert Oschler" <Oschler at earthlink.net> writes:

> Do you do anything special in regards to setting the User and Group
> priveledges for executing Python, what settings do you use?  The main worry
> of course is of someone hacking my linux box and perhaps running some
> harmful python scripts.

I don't understand this concern; if someone's cracked your account the
presence or otherwise of Python isn't going to make a lot of
difference.  The default isn't to install the interpreter setuid root
or anything insane like that.

Cheers,
M.

--
  it's not that perl programmers are idiots, it's that the language
  rewards idiotic behavior in a  way that no other language or tool