What dir. should Jython be installed in?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Oct 14 17:30:15 EDT 2002

Gerhard Häring wrote:

> It doesn't really matter much, but conventional places to put software
> like JDKs, Jython, etc. are /opt and /usr/local. My Jython
> installation, for example is in /usr/local/jython-2.1.

It varies from operating system to operating system and distribution to
distribution, but /opt usually is intended for vendor-provided optional
software modules.  The proper place to put locally installed software is
under /usr/local (which is almost always the default for most
installation).

/  \ Peace with a cudgel in hand is war.
\__/ (a Portugese proverb)
    Bosskey.net: Counter-Strike / http://www.bosskey.net/cs/
 A personal guide to Counter-Strike.