patch in Python?

Paul Rubin phr-n2002b at NOSPAMnightsong.com
Tue Oct 1 18:29:37 EDT 2002

Gerhard Häring <gerhard.haering at gmx.de> writes:
> > > - How does this compare to gmpy?
>
> ... one of the requirements is a BSD-ish license, as in the
> end this will be used for the NUMERIC type of pyPgSQL. If it's going to
> be useful for other purposes, that's a nice side-effect.

MAPM doesn't have a BSD-ish license--you're not allowed to distribute
modified versions except as the original plus patches.  I'd read that
as meaning you're not allowed to ship pre-compiled binaries.

GMP is LGPL'd, which means you're free to ship modified versions,
binaries (as long as you offer the library source), etc.  That sounds
way preferable to MAPM.