library defined exceptions

TuxTrax TuxTrax at fortress.tuxnet.net
Wed Oct 30 16:10:51 EST 2002

On 30 Oct 2002 12:52:18 GMT, Gerhard Häring Wrote in
Steve Ballmers hair grease:

> TuxTrax <TuxTrax at fortress.tuxnet.net> [2002-10-30 11:43 GMT]:
>> Hi all. I am working on a program to download all headers from
>> my news server and place them in a shelve file, called 'database',
>> on the local hard drive.
>
> Sounds familiar :)
>
>> [...] here is the code section that I am having trouble with: [...]
>
>>     except NNTPTemporaryError, errorarg:
>
>> If an exception is raised, I get something like:
>>
>>  File "head.py", line 404, in ?
>>     except NNTPTemporaryError, errorarg:
>> NameError: There is no variable named 'NNTPTemporaryError'
>
> You need to qualify the exception classes as well, if you use the "import
> module" form. I. e. use "nntplib.NNTPTemporaryError".
>
> -- Gerhard

it needs to read:

try:
    <code block>
except nntplib.NNTPTemporaryError, errorarg:
    <code block>

and python will recognize the nntplib defined exceptions, in this case
NNTPTemporaryError?

Cheers,

Mathew

--
TuxTrax   (n.) An invincible, all terrain, Linux driven armored assault
vehicle that can take as much fire as it gives ;-)

Yes, I am a Penguin cult high priest. Flipper readings upon request.

ROT13 this email address to mail me:
bar jbeq abg guerr - uvtu qrfreg zna, ng lnubb qbg pbz