Future of Jython?

Iwan van der Kleyn donteventhinkaboutit_rochus at nono_vanderkleyn.com
Thu Oct 31 01:47:59 EST 2002

Hi there,
I'm busy sketching the broad outlines (pre-design) of a java-based
middelware componment for a customer. Functionional requirements demand
a scripting component and I would like to choose Jython. However, the
latest release of Jython has been nearly a year ago, the site doesn't
look very up to date and CVS on sourceforge has about 4 commits in 2002.
So I'm definitely left with the impression that as a project Jython is
dying. I hope I'm wrong , so could anyone fill me in about the
"condition" of Jython? Does it have a future?

Regards,

Iwan