Python-mysql: Still stuck.

mongo57a at mongo57a at
Tue Oct 8 21:55:54 CEST 2002

Having (still) a problem getting MySQL and Python to work (MySQLdb), and I'm
running out of hair to pull out.

Downloaded and installed python2.2.1. (works fine)

Downloaded and installed MySQLdb. Didn't work. Looking for, and I've got so.10 installed (ls libmysqlclient* yields So I deleted the MySQL install, downloaded the source, built it

python2.2 build
python2.2 bdist_rpm

and installed the package.

Problem now is that the package is installing to my python1.5 directories -
and not the 2.2. It probably also means that the build did not grab the libs.

Any help would be appreciated....