encoding python scripts

Spirit of Amiga spirit_of_amiga at h-o-t-m-a-i-l.com
Wed Oct 9 17:25:22 EDT 2002

Hi everyone,

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I thought I'd troll for
some fresh perspectives. I was wondering what approaches python developers
have taken to encode and thus protect their commercial applications?

I'm looking to migrate from PHP, which has Zend Encoder (and several
others), but is a bit lightweight for my needs. In Python I believe I've
found the light: code that reads like comments, however first I'd like to
ascertain that I can protect my future commercial interests.

Does such an avaricious mentality even exist in the Python community?

Rick