Lucene and indexing

Mr P pythonaut at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 18 11:57:16 EDT 2002

I am looking for a fast, "industrial strength", incremental indexer for
Python. I have looked at ransacker and indexer.py, but they don't cut the
mustard. Are there any other I should look at?

The Java community has a great indexer in Lucene
(jakarta.apache.org/lucene). I have some experience with Lucene and it's
feature rich, extensible and very fast. I was wondering if anyone has ported
Lucene to Python?  I think such a port would be a great addition to the .py
universe.