Lucene and indexing

Mr P pythonaut at
Fri Oct 18 17:57:16 CEST 2002

I am looking for a fast, "industrial strength", incremental indexer for
Python. I have looked at ransacker and, but they don't cut the
mustard. Are there any other I should look at?

The Java community has a great indexer in Lucene
( I have some experience with Lucene and it's
feature rich, extensible and very fast. I was wondering if anyone has ported
Lucene to Python?  I think such a port would be a great addition to the .py

Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband.