Is there a "reset" in Idle?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Oct 11 09:39:50 EDT 2002

Dale Strickland-Clark <dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk> writes:

> If I had any influence in the development of Python as a whole, I'd
> urge the developers to divert their attention away from sexy new
> language features and concentrate for a couple of releases on
> addressing shotcomings that shag the IDEs.

A couple of points:

  1) what shortcomings are these?

  2) this isn't how OS development works, and you surely know this.

The only people paid to work on Python are at PythonLabs, who are paid
by ZC, who in turn probably don't have an overriding interest in
interactive debugging.  Everyone else works on Python because it's fun
and to scratch an itch, basically.  If you try to make us do what you
want rather than what we want, we stop.

OTOH, if you can come up with concrete suggestions, I'm all ears.

Cheers,
M.

--
  ARTHUR:  The ravenours bugblatter beast of Traal ... is it safe?
    FORD:  Oh yes, it's perfectly safe ... it's just us who are in