Why is Python a good first scripting language?

Frithiof Andreas Jensen frithiof.jensen at removethis.ted.ericsson.dk
Mon Oct 21 07:03:48 EDT 2002

"Tim Teebken" <teebken at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:y5js9.10512$Pk1.5595 at nwrddc02.gnilink.net...
> Hello, I'm a Windows developer looking for a versatile, open source
> scripting language that runs on Windows and other platforms.

<deleted advocacy for Python ;-)>

Get the Windows distribution off http://www.python.org and run it up!

The *install procedure* should convince you, given that all your other
requirements are easily met:

The installer behaves in the expected way, i.e. there is nothing to scare
even a windows-only user. On top of that the installer is nice about not
littering the systems directories with crap and intelligent enough to notice
if the user does not have "system" priviledges on f.ex. Win 2000 and work
around that!

The uninstall works too!