Buffering control in python?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Oct 13 01:19:08 EDT 2002

Fernando Pérez wrote:

> Ah, zero was the magic value. The code posted earlier by Michal
> Wallace then
> works just fine, it's just that I needed to call it with 0 instead of
> -1.
> Thanks a bunch!

Note for the record the behavior is documented here:

http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/built-in-funcs.html#built-in-funcs

The third argument, can be -1, 0, 1, or some positive integer greater
than one; these mean the system default, unbuffered, line-buffered, or
(approximately) the desired buffer size.

/  \ A good indignation brings out all one's powers.
\__/ Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Church / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/church/
 A lambda calculus explorer in Python.