Windows NT remote registry import

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Sun Oct 6 01:41:33 EDT 2002

Chris <nospam at nospam.org> wrote:

>Thanks for the info.
>
>I actually need to import a section of the registry that contains
>probably over 200 keys. Importing them one at a time would take a
>substantial amount of code.
>
>Is there a way to merge a .reg file, so I can get the entire group of
>keys at once?

If that's all you need to do, you're talking about a few mouse clicks
inside RegEdit to export the remote subtree and reimport it into your home
registry.

Python is a good tool for registry manipulation, but there's no sense
writing a program for things that existing tools are perfectly capable of
handling.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.