wxPanel question

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Thu Oct 31 17:14:03 EST 2002

Sounds a lot like Anand's asking for a screen-capture:

http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/WorkingWithImages

has a recipe for a screen capture.  It won't support doing a capture of
a scrolled window, but a panel should work.  Vadim's approach is better
for the general case, however, particularly if you want to be able to
save, for instance, and entire directory's screenshots (rather than a
page at a time).

HTH,
Mike

Vadim Zeitlin wrote:

>On 31 Oct 2002 03:14:25 -0800, Anand <anandpillai6 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>  For this I have a wxPanel containing a number of thumbnailed bitmaps(of
>>  type wxStaticBitmap). Is there a way I can save the contents of the entire
>>  panel to one  image file. Does wxPanel support streaming ?
>>

> No but if you were drawing the bitmaps yourself instead of using
>wxStaticBitmaps (which would be more efficient anyhow probably), you could
>simply put your drawing code in some DoDraw(dc) function and then pass a
>wxMemoryDC to DoDraw() to obtain the entire image as a bitmap.
>
> Regards,
>VZ

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder