Embedding Python in Borland C++ Builder 5.x?

Robert Oschler Oschler at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 13 12:03:05 EDT 2002

Has anybody succeeded in embedding Python 2.2.x in C++ Builder 5.x?  I want
to use it as a script language in my C++ Builder app.  I'll be using Boost
Python v2 to "link" my C++ data structures and functions with the Python
interpreter.

Do I need to be able to build Python 2.2 to embed it in my C++ Builder app,
or just use the DLL's?  If it's answer is just use the DLL's, I am a little
worried if I have to link to the LIB's, because I'm betting the LIB's are in
MSVC compatible format.

If anyone has a sample C++ Builder 5.x project that shows how to do this,
that would be great.

thx