patch in Python?

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Tue Oct 1 17:55:30 EDT 2002

* Paul Rubin <phr-n2002b at NOSPAMnightsong.com> [2002-10-01 14:37 -0700]:
> Fernando Pérez <fperez528 at yahoo.com> writes:
> > > [1] http://www.tc.umn.edu/~ringx004/mapm-main.html
> > - How does this compare to gmpy?
> >
> > - Do you have any plans to bind this into Numeric?

No, the primary goal is to have a Python version of the NUMERIC type for
our PostgreSQL interface.

> Looking at the docs I don't see any features that gmpy doesn't have.
> I think it would be better to use gmpy, which is widely used, has
> assembly language optimizations for many cpu's, etc.

Probably, except one of the requirements is a BSD-ish license, as in the
end this will be used for the NUMERIC type of pyPgSQL. If it's going to
be useful for other purposes, that's a nice side-effect.

-- Gerhard