No tabs in post PLEASE!!! (was Re: partial list sort)

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Oct 10 15:30:40 EDT 2002

    >> (defun untab-buffer ()
    >> (untabify (point-min) (point-max)))
    >>
    >> (add-hook 'mail-send-hook 'untab-buffer)

    François> It happens, sometimes, that you ought to preserve TABs.  For
    François> example, when you are sending diffs.  So the rule should not
    François> be burned too deep in your outgoing mailer.

I've not been burned yet.  I was burned much more frequently by pasting a
bit of code into a mail message, then using C-u C-x C-i (indent-rigidly) to
indent the code with respect to the surrounding block of text by four
spaces.  I generally only submit diffs places using bug/patch systems like
SourceForge.

Skip