pyQt - opinions

djw dwelch91 at nospam.attbi.com
Thu Oct 31 00:19:30 EST 2002

Rob Hall wrote:
> I've been comparing different GUI development systems for a few weeks now
> and thought I'd settle on wxPython.  That is, until I had a look at PyQt.
>
> Has anyone tried it?  If so, are there any gotchas?  How does it compare to
> wx?
>
> The documentation looks very good which is a bonus.
>
> Rob

I am using it on a large in-house project (using the $$$ commercial
version on Windows). Pretty much I'd have to say that I couldn't be
happier. The design/code/debug cycle using Qt Designer/pyuic/Python is
very fast and Qt is an excelently designed library. The UIs are very
responsive and there are lots of useful widgets. The signal/slot
mechanism is very powerful and makes your code simple and clean. As the
other poster said, the main (read only) drawback is the $$$.

Don