Embedding Python questions

Mick Herres mick at shockfusion.com
Wed Oct 9 15:40:13 EDT 2002

Hello,

            Just had a question about modules while embedding Python in
C++.  I've got a situation where I need to create multiple modules on
the fly to use as clean scripting environments.  Once I am done with a
module, I need to be able to release it so that it could be later
re-created and would start out new and blank instead of be the
pre-existing module I had created earlier.

I don't seem to be able to release the old module so that it can be
re-initialized later under the same namespace.  I am using the
Py_InitModule4() method so that I can keep a reference of the class that
was instansiated for mapping the C functions to C++ class methods.
Anyways, I'm thinking maybe it is the dictionary I need to be looking at
more closely, but I figured I would ask the folk that have been doing
this MUCH longer than I have before I go and re-invent the wheel :-).

Thanks in advance!

mick