Variables vs. names

Michael Hudson mwh at
Mon Oct 7 14:16:00 CEST 2002

bokr at (Bengt Richter) writes:

> ISTM a glossary of technical Python terms would be good. A concise document
> whose explanatory gems could be polished in the gyrating sand barrel
> of newsgroup discussion and contention until ready to be set as crown jewels
> in the Python docs.
> Can someone point me to the closest current approximation?

It's not quite what you ask for, but I think misunderstandings have a
hard time surviving a reading of

If you can think of improvements, let me know.

  Its unmanageable complexity has spawned more fear-preventing tools
  than any other language, but the solution _should_ have been to
  create and use a language that does not overload the whole goddamn
  human brain with irrelevant details.  -- Erik Naggum, comp.lang.lisp