Python threading?

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Thu Oct 10 05:52:33 EDT 2002

Steve Holden wrote:
> In that case mmayeb you could help me. I've always found twisted to be a
> bit unapproachable, though I suspect it might be more to do with me than
> with twisted. The impression I have is that "it's easy to understand if
> you already understand it", but that the documentation doesn't realy
> explain the principles on which it's based.

Yep.  But now that you've carefully technical-reviewed the Nutshell
chapter on networking, o technical reviewer mine, surely that's
changed?  I mean, I _do_ in that chapter cover Twisted.internet,
side by side with asyncore, asynchat and other approaches, with the
same example server shown for each... (pls mail me if you need a
copy of that chapter in the latest/current version!).

Alex