force variable declaration?

Peter Rams peter.rams at
Thu Oct 10 13:21:09 CEST 2002

Hi Jeff,

thanks for your answer, I meant something like this:

counter = 0
while counter < 100:
    conuter = counter + 1

leads to an endless-loop because of typing error of counter. In other
languages I have to declare all variables, it would look for example like

int counter
counter = 0
while counter < 100:
   conuter = counter + 1

Then the syntax check says: no variable "conuter" declared. In Perl, for
example, there is a statement (I forgot how it's like), where you can force
the programmer to declare his variables. Is there something similar in

news:6Dbp9.69869$X9.12557473 at