which GUI?

Alan James Salmoni salmonia.nospam.please at cardiff.ac.uk
Fri Oct 11 10:01:29 EDT 2002

Hi Nils,

Not necessarily! If you are talking about OSX, the new release of
wxPython is almost completely up to speed. I was convinced when my
application (only written for Linux and Windows) turned out to work
first time on OSX which genuinely surprised me, especially as it needed
no changes in the code (meant that I was actually writing effective
cross-platform code). Oh, and I think you need to download a window
manager (like Oroborosx) before you can run the stuff?

Not too sure about OS9 and earlier though...

Alan.

Nils Hensel wrote:
> Hi Stefane,
> there are several possibilities to consider, e.g. wxPython which looks
> fantastic but won't work on a Mac.

<SNIP!>