win32cliboard behavior

Tim Daneliuk tundra at
Tue Oct 8 20:57:40 CEST 2002

Hmmm -  I see behavior I cannot understand, nor have I been able to
get any clarity from the docs.  I want to *write* to the clipboard
from a python app and have that information appear in other normal
Win32 apps when they Paste.  Here's the code (cb is a string):

#print win32clipboard.GetClipboardData()

When I do this, the clipboard does indeed contain my text (confirmed
by uncommenting the next-to-last print statement).  HOWEVER, other
applications do not see this on their clipboards.  I guess what I
am asking is how to make my clipboard updates globally visible to
all windows apps.    A pointer to a good documentation reference will

Tim Daneliuk
tundra at