SimpleXMLRPCServer Releasing Ports

Robert k.robert at gmx.de
Wed Oct 9 13:24:20 EDT 2002

I did this on a windows box.

even with REUSE = no I could restart my SimpleXMLRPCServer script immediatly

but first my script stored the server object globally like
"sv=SimpleXMLRPCServer.SimpleXMLRPCServer((ip,80))".
Of course in such case you should simply delete the last instance of the
server first: 'del sv' or sv.server_close()  :-)

If you really really want REUSE you could change policy simply by
SimpleXMLRPCServer.SimpleXMLRPCServer.allow_reuse_address=1 before
instantiating. (or subclass the simple server)

-Robert