SimpleXMLRPCServer Releasing Ports

Robert k.robert at
Wed Oct 9 19:24:20 CEST 2002

I did this on a windows box.

even with REUSE = no I could restart my SimpleXMLRPCServer script immediatly

but first my script stored the server object globally like
Of course in such case you should simply delete the last instance of the
server first: 'del sv' or sv.server_close()  :-)

If you really really want REUSE you could change policy simply by
SimpleXMLRPCServer.SimpleXMLRPCServer.allow_reuse_address=1 before
instantiating. (or subclass the simple server)

news:mailman.1034078772.26126.python-list at