help on threading in python... newbie.. a lot of questions..

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Oct 15 10:25:17 EDT 2002

In article <aogg2d$l16$1 at newsreader.mailgate.org>,
eugene kim  <eugene1977 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>1) urlopen fails sometimes to grap pages(which is accessible by
>browser) i guess it's because urlopen tries for too short time.. can i
>give more time for it to try?

Some pages are browser-specific.  You may have a lot of fun trying to
debug this.  Normally, urlopen() doesn't have a timeout, so I doubt
that's a problem.

FYI, to people reading this thread: the functionality of timeoutsocket
is going into Python 2.3.

>2) is my approach acceptible in terms of general structure(threading..etc)
>or should i rewrite it most of part..--;

Don't have time to read your code, but you can see some examples of
threaded programs on my web site.

Project Vote Smart: http://www.vote-smart.org/