IDLE module path problem

GerritM gmuller at
Sun Oct 20 12:06:11 CEST 2002

"papua" <a at> schreef in bericht
news:MPG.181be1164d06a0a5989680 at
> I have a python script / that starts with
> from xxx import *
> where / is a file in the same directory as / When I start
> this program from the MS Windows console, it runs but when I start it
> from IDLE then / is not found. What should I do?
> --
> TIA,
> Janos Blazi
>       The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers

One way to make sure that the interpreter finds modules in its path is by
providing .pth files in the Python main directory. In this file you put a
single text line with the path name:
All pathes in pth files are added to the Python path and will be found
irrespective of the current working directory.

regards Gerrit